[rhn-users] Swap problem

Quince, Devin dquince at Intrado.com
Tue Oct 11 13:36:43 UTC 2005

I have googled this, but am not finding anything helpful. Here is my
problem:

Redhat ES 4 on Dell 2850 with Perc 4/di raid controller and one 73 gig
scsi drive

I have the following partitions:

/var

/tmp

/boot

/

/usr

/home

Swap

The other day I came into work and found my machine had thrown a
processor error that Dell identified as a problem with that proc and the
running BIOS, so I upgraded the bios, but now I cannot get past enabling
swap space at boot. I have used mkswap and fdisk both to make a new swap
space, but at reboot the problem comes back.

Any ideas?

Devin Quince

System Administrator II

Software Engineering System Administration Team (SESA)

720-864-5089

720-840-4643