[rhn-users] 4 Gigs of RAM on RedHat WS v. 4 for 32-bit x86

Jacobs, Brendan D. bjacobs at witsusa.com
Wed Oct 12 21:20:02 UTC 2005

I just upgraded from 3 gigs of RAM to 4 gigs, but my RedHat WS4 doesn't
seem to recognize it.  The boot sequence counts 4 gigs, and the BIOS
says that there are 4 gigs addressable.  I've also tried putting several
different "mem=.." options on the kernel command line ("mem=4096M",
etc.), but nothing seemed to work.  It only ever says there is 3113900K
available.  Is there something else I should try in /etc, or with the
kernel command line?  Thanks in advance.