[rhn-users] RHN changes yesterday have broken a major usability!

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Thu Sep 1 21:14:23 UTC 2005

Until yesterday I was able to login to RHN and see a table (list) of my
servers and to the left of each server's name were two columns for
number of applicable errata and number of affected patches.
I could click on either of the numbers and be taken to the list of
errata or the list of patches for the affected server.

Now I can still see the list of servers.
I can still see the # of errata and the # of patches.

But in order to get to a list of patches or errata
I have to click on the server name, then click on errata
then click on packages, then click on upgrade

This means that I have to make 3 clicks instead of just 1
and I have to wait for 3 web pages to load instead of just 1.

Since I have about 75 servers to manage this makes a pretty big difference.

Does anyone else see this as a "breakage" in the new RHN updates?

I raised the issue with my RedHat salesperson and he just said that I
was (previously) using Mgmt module features for free, and that now if I
want the same fucntionality that I had yesterday I have to pay more money.