RE: [rhn-users] 2.4.x kernel and File System Limits

Once again, I'm referring to FILE SYSTEMS not FILES. The 2.4.x kernel has a FILE SYSTEM limit of 2 TB for its partitions.

Has no one else encountered this problem before?

From: DTitkemeyer auroracasket com
To: Red Hat Network Users List <rhn-users redhat com>
CC: "Red Hat Network Users List" <rhn-users redhat com>,rhn-users-bounces redhat com
Subject: RE: [rhn-users] 2.4.x kernel and File System Limits
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:32:44 -0400

Liz is correct, 2gb *file* limit. Actually I had a file go past 2gb, nearing 4gb. It was the transferring it from one system to another when it would hit
the 2gb limit.

David Titkemeyer
Client Systems Developer
Aurora Casket Company
800.457.1195 ext. 5638

                      "Riley, Liz (ACHE)"
<Liz Riley smiths-aer To: "Red Hat Network Users List" <rhn-users redhat com>
                      ospace.com>                  cc:
Sent by: Subject: RE: [rhn-users] 2.4.x kernel and File System Limits
                      rhn-users-bounces red
                      hat.com

                      09/21/2005 09:22 AM
                      Please respond to Red
                      Hat Network Users
                      List

I thought it was a *file* limit of 2gb not file system..