[rhn-users] FC4 yum update killed video - dell laptop

Riley, Liz (ACHE) Liz.Riley at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Sep 21 14:42:42 UTC 2005

Now you can run start X by hand, watch what it complains about, try and
fix whatever it says is wrong.  Now, you know the error as you said
earlier, so you're part way there. You can now get in and make changes
to fix it because you're booting in text mode

Id guess it's the X server not liking the graphics card.