[rhn-users] Need help with access of DB problem

Ray Stell stellr at cns.vt.edu
Fri Apr 7 14:48:00 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 08:31:36AM -0600, Howard, Chris wrote:

> I think hat's a problem with oracle environment variables.
> You need to have ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID set
> in the environment of anyone who is going to use SQL*Plus.

Or TWO_TASK, teach a man to fish...

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/network.920/a96580/connect.htm#430042

On most operating systems, you can define a default connect identifier. This way, a connect identifier does not need to be specified in the connect string. To define a default connect identifier, use the TWO_TASK environment variable on UNIX platforms or the LOCAL environment variable or registry entry on Windows NT.