[rhn-users] Adding lvm mod to smp kernel

Lamon, Frank III Frank_LaMon at csx.com
Wed Apr 19 20:53:49 UTC 2006

What's the easiest way to get the lvm-mod loaded into the initrd of my smp kernel? It seems like it is only loaded in the UP kernel on my new RHEL3U6 install, because the LVM stuff fails when trying to boot from the SMP kernel but works with the UP kernel. The disk controller driver is fine because the SMP kernel works with hard slices just not with LVM. Anyone seen this before? We use LVM on all of our systems and I've never come across anything like this before - this is on a Dell 2650.

Thanks

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may
contain CSX privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the intended addressee.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents
of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and  notify sender at the above CSX
email address.  Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage
caused directly or indirectly by receipt of this email.