[rhn-users] ReiserFS and tuning ext3

Kvetch kvetch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 17:01:29 UTC 2006

Does anyone know why RH stopped supporting ReiserFS after Ent2.1?  I find
that ReiserFS4 is a lot faster than ext3 and would like to use ReiserFS on
some of my boxes but I don't want to lose support.  My systems all have
hardware raid and realitively standard SCSI drives so raid tuning and hdparm
will not help.  A friend mentioned that ext3 can tuned to give increased
performance but I can't seem to find any info on how to do this.  The only
thing I have ever seen you can do with ext3 is to change the journaling
mode.  Does anyone know any tweaks to tune ext3.

Thanks,
Nick