[rhn-users] Understanding RHN website: Why haven't security errata been applied?

Scott D. Anderson sanderso at wellesley.edu
Tue Aug 1 14:18:56 UTC 2006

I'm puzzled by what I'm seeing at the RHN web site.  I have one system,
called Puma, which has an update entitlement.  When I visit the RHN site,
the main page tells me the following:

(1) my system is checking in regularly
(2) my system needs some critical updates
(3) there are 2 relevant security errata, which were released on 7/27/06

If my system is checking in every 4 hours (and it is) and I've configured
it to update automatically (which I have, and it works because the
logwatch tells me when packages are installed), then why haven't these two
security errata been installed?

Thanks,

Scott

PS:  I've attached a screen shot of the RHN page, in case I haven't
described something properly.

--
Scott D. Anderson
Computer Science Department