[rhn-users] Gigabit transfer speeds

Kenneth Sarno kmsarno at verizon.net
Sun Aug 20 02:28:28 UTC 2006

At 09:25 PM 8/18/2006, Dan Hunter wrote:

>Transfers over the 10/100 link show up at 82 or 83 percent - about 80 Mbps.
>Transfers over the gigabit link show up at 20 to 26 percent - about 230 Mbps.
>
>What do I have set up wrong?

Sorry I don't have an answer, because I've been waiting for somebody
else to answer you. Reason being, I have a similar setup with about
the same numbers. The main differences are that a) I'm using RHEL
rather than Fedora b) going through an el-cheapo Linksys 5-port GbE
switch rather than a straight wire, and  c) my GbE NIC's are
integrated into onboard Via chipsets rather than add-in cards. Other
than that, pretty much identical situation...averages around 250Mbps
when I expected more efficient link utilization.

Let's hope we hear an answer.

--Ken S.