[rhn-users] how to boot from CDROM drive through Belkin Ultra ATA/133 PCI card [F5U098]

Yasushi Okubo yasushi at cabm.rutgers.edu
Fri Feb 17 16:21:03 UTC 2006

Hi experts

Originally installed IDE controller on the motehrboad  seemed
malfunctioning on one of our desktops, so I added a Belkin Ultra ATA/133
PCI card [F5U098] to an open IDE slot. Two slots [primary/slave] on the
card are now connected to CDROM and hard drive with IDE cables.
On boot, it does not detect any primary/slave drive, then Belkin RAID
controller kicks in by asking if I want to setup RAID device. It
acutally searches primary/slave channel on the new card and finds both
CDROM and hard drive before asking RAID setup.  After I gets out of raid
setup or simply ignores radi setup,  the boot agent on desktop cannot
detect any devices connected to Belkin PCI card.
I just want to boot from a CDROM drive and install redhat to the hard
drive through Belkin card.

Could you advise me how to setup bios or where to  look into ?   I
played with DMA/PCI IRQs and device settings on original BIOS, but it
did not help at all.

Thanks,
yasushi