[rhn-users] Off network server... options?

Howard, Chris HowardC at prpa.org
Mon Feb 27 22:48:37 UTC 2006

I just bought a Dell machine with RHEL 4 on it.
This thing will be in our data center running
Oracle 10g Application Server for an internal
application.   At the moment there
is no reason for it to have internet connectivity.

This is our only RHEL machine so far.  We may get
another 1 or 2... never will have a big installation though.

I'm trying to get my options together about how
to manage this thing:

1) don't bother with updates
2) beg for a hole through a firewall so I can get to RHN.
3) Satellite server?
4) Is there some kind of offline method of using RHN?

Suggestions wanted.

Chris Howard