[rhn-users] Problems with X after installing updates for redhat enterprise 4

Kjell Arne Arvesen kjell.arvesen at siegedesign.no
Wed Jan 4 14:43:29 UTC 2006

Hiya.

I've been updating my server and now I seem to have problems with
getting X started.
It looks like theres a resolution problem as it seems to only show the
nice X mouse with some blue at the top and then the whole thing freezes.

I've been trying to figure out how set the resolution lower and maybe
start X in debug mode so that I can figure out what's happening.

If you guys have any pointers to what I should do in order to unravel
the mystery of why X just freezes, I would greatly appreciate it.

- Kjell Arne