[rhn-users] RHEL freeze: diskdump: -

Lazarev, Roman Roman.Lazarev at FMR.COM
Wed Jan 4 14:51:21 UTC 2006

The protocol - IDE or SCSI is not the issue, it's the brand of the card and the kernel module associated with it. A special code stub is written and compiled into the module only then diskdump is supported.

I don't quite get your i2o comment, what's that all about? How did you associate the problem with that?

PS: keep the thread in the email, it's easier to refer back...

Roman Lazarev
Fidelity Investment Management Technology
245 Summer Street V2E
Boston, MA 02210
(617) 563-1173

-----Original Message-----
From: Honti Balázs [mailto:balazs at fmnet.hu]
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 2:10 PM
To: Red Hat Network Users List
Subject: Re: [rhn-users] RHEL freeze: diskdump: -

Hi! I don't really understand, should I need an SCSI partition for diskdump?
Now we took the whole AIC7899(?) SCSI card out, not to disturb the system.
It seemed to freeze just because of running from the /dev/i2o... RAID5
partition, but now it also freezes running from the IDE drive! But at least
gives some error messages... Could I get the dump on this IDE partition? I'm
not there in the office now, so can't reinstall the SCSI. Just tomorrow...

Balázs