[rhn-users] XServer Problem in RHEL 3 AS

N.R.Raghu nrraghu at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 23:22:19 UTC 2006

Hey Pete,

  Thanx for the soln.My computer is Dell Optiplex G1.Video Drivers fine and font server is also running.But when I run the red-config-xfree86 command,nothing happens and # prompt appears immediately.

  What do i do next ?

Pete Masse <pete at chemistry.montana.edu> wrote:
          Are you running a 3rd party ATI or
NVidia driver that needs to be recompiled?
Also Check to make sure the font server is running:  /etc/init.d/xfs

If those are OK, run system-config-display (redhat-config-xfree86 for  RH 3.0) and reconfigure X.

Pete