[rhn-users] Automated RHN Registration

Jason Dunn jrd154 at psu.edu
Tue Jan 10 14:38:00 UTC 2006

Hello List,

I manage about 80 machines that are in several student labs at my
university.  We of course keep them updated with the rhn automatic
update feature.  We do however have to reinstall our machine image on
the lab machines every so often, and having to register each one by hand
to RHN is a pain to say the least.  Has anyone come across or developed
a method to automatically register a machine with RHN?  I'd also like to
be able to remove an old profile of the machine at the same time I'm
creating a new profile with RHN, but that's not as needed.

Thanks!

--
Jason Dunn
RHCE 803005297814115