[rhn-users] (no subject)

Paul Duffield paul at its-magic.net
Wed Jan 25 22:41:23 UTC 2006

You can download it direct from the vmware website too. That worked fine for
me recently. It also installs easily onto RHE.

The only problem I had was what seemed to be to small a /tmp directory to
run some virtual machines as you may have seen on my previous posts to this
list recently. I would suggest at least 1G (I went for 2G for good measure).

For the record too vmware evaluated without fault for me on both Linux and
Windows platform. MS version wouldn't in spite of their claims allow me to
install a Linux Guest system. (Well not Fedora 4 or Suse 10 anyway) swsoft
had some issues too. Vmware has been totally stable and the guest performed
without fault. On Any host operating system.

Don't forget to split your new guest Virtual machine into 2gb files (try
moving a 10gb single file machine onto Fat32 :-( Bing bong! )

Hope that was useful too in addition to the download information :-)

Paul

  _____