[rhn-users] Hi Memory consuming High

ram talk2ram at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 07:41:55 UTC 2006

Hi all

I have just installed  RHEL ES 4, with everything option
and disabled all the services, except my requirement

when i see free i have found most the RAM free 80% of 1GB RAM

after some time when i transfer data from another server to this server
95% RAM FULL,

is this something wrong with the RHEL ES Bugs ?

what is the tools to check and free the RAM

i have installed PIII Server with 1GB RAM.

how would i use SWAP instead of RAM. when iam using any application
most of the time my Swap is not at all used

[root at mail ~]# free
Mem:       1034148    1018396      15752          0      35928     869036
-/+ buffers/cache:     113432     920716
Swap:      1048568          0    1048568

ram