[rhn-users] SSL + Apache

Sudhir Damle sudhir at stratogent.com
Thu Jul 6 16:45:47 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I have generated CSR on the machine using following commands.

$ openssl genrsa -des3 -out server.key 1024
$ openssl rsa -noout -text -in server.key
$ openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr

Now when I try to restart the apache server it just fails.

Error_log gives only one line

[notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)

Ssl_error_log shows following three entries.

[warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost.localdomain' does
NOT match server name!?
[error] Unable to configure RSA server private key
[error] SSL Library Error: 185073780 error:0B080074:x509 certificate
routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Sudhir Damle.