[rhn-users] hi

Mansour, Michael michael.mansour at hp.com
Fri Jul 14 03:15:07 UTC 2006

Red Hat Linux is no longer a supported Red Hat distribution. Red Hat
Linux came out in version numbers like 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.0, 9. No
other versions were after that (code was given to the Fedora Core
Project who have since released FC1, 2, 3, 4, 5 with 6 just around the
corner).

Red Hat Enterprise Linux is a commercially supported Red Hat
distribution. It has release numbers of 2.0, 3 and  4 (with relevant
Update CD's).

There is no such thing as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9. If you were sold
Red Hat Linux 9, then you should have never bought it since it's too old
and unsupported by Red Hat. The seller should have told you to either
buy RHEL or download Fedora Core 5 for free.

For more information on this (and verification if necessary), feel free
to visit www.redhat.com and www.fedoranews.org

Regards,

Michael.

PS. if you still wish to use Red Hat Linux 9, then _security_ errata is
available through the www.fedoralegacy.org project, but don't expect
official support from this group either, as it's community based.