[rhn-users] GRUB boot load

Eddy Harvey eharvey at radiospire.com
Fri Jul 14 13:43:26 UTC 2006

You're not clear on what the problem is.  I like to help people with this
sort of problem, but you haven't provided any useful information in this
message.

For example,

Why can't you boot the old one?  Is there no option on the menu for the old
OS, or does it give you an error message if you try to boot it?

When you install grub, it gets hard-coded with a partition number that it
should read.  It will look into this partition, and find the grub.conf file,
and read its configuration out of this file.  Which grub.conf is currently
being used on your system?  The old one, or the new one?  Probably the new
one.

If you look inside your old grub.conf file, and compare it against your new
grub.conf file, you will probably find that there is no entry for the old
OS.  Either that, or during your install, you installed *over* your old OS.

You'll need to look into this more, and ask more useful questions next try.