[rhn-users] Mysql permission denied

Rigoberto Corujo rcorujo at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 18:21:05 UTC 2006

Pete,

I believe "mysqld" runs as user "mysql".  For
starters, try to "su - mysql" and see if you can do
something like "cat libz.so.1 > /dev/null".  I you
can't, then check the permissions on the parent
directories of "libz.so.1".

Also, as root, try to copy the "libz.so.1.2.2.2" to
another name and then try to access the copy as user
"mysql".  I've seen some funky stuff where I can't
access some files that I have untarred because of some
Linux security thing (I'm guessing) but I can access
the copy.

Lastly, make sure that both the binary and library are
either both 32-bit or both 64-bit by using the "file"
command to verify.

Rigoberto