[rhn-users] Hardware RAID health monitor

Jeremy Eder jeder at invision.net
Fri Jun 2 02:07:04 UTC 2006

If your hardware is dell, they have mibs for net-snmp for array status (among a billion other things...).

Basically, it will show the array status as an integer; you can then configure your snmp monitoring application to snmpwalk the box periodically, and alert you as to array status.  For example, if array status snmpmib !=0 then email me.

Most monitoring apps should be able to do this for you.

If it's not a dell, perhaps the manufacturer has similar mibs for you to load into net-snmp ?

Best Regards,
Jeremy Eder
UNIX Administrator
INVISION.COM