[rhn-users] New RH EL server response to ping problem

Michael Yang yang.ibm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 01:30:27 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have recently installed an new RH EL4 server on the lab network, its name
is queen.

I notice that from time to time, queen response very slowly to ping from
other linux workstations on the network. It may take 20 30 minutes to get a
response.

There are windows workstations on the same network and when I ping queen
from windows workstations, the response had been pretty quick.

I wonder whether someone had experience similar problems. I export NFS from
queen to the rest of the linux workstations. It caused a problem to the
linux users. Any input on this will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Michael Yang