[rhn-users] Re: ReiserFS and tuning ext3

Eddy Harvey eharvey at radiospire.com
Mon Jun 19 14:35:37 UTC 2006

A very interesting problem --

Ext3 works on the block device by default, not the mounted file system.  So
because of this, dump for ext3 by default doesn't benefit from caching.  By
skimming the man page, I don't see any way to change this behavior.  Does
anybody know if this can be changed?

What is the recommended method to backup reiser?  Is there a dump for
reiser?  Does it behave the same as dump for ext3?