[rhn-users] mySQL upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0 on RHEL ES 4

Clinton Fernandes clintonf at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 20:12:14 UTC 2006

The only thing I can remember is having to run
mysql_fix_privilege_tables (or something like that). This is a
standard procedure that all upgrades require though.

The issues that I can recall revolve around rpm dependencies. You may
have to force some installations/upgrades/removals.

You may also have to re-link some library files.

Other than that my upgrade went flawlessly.

Good luck!

On 6/23/06, Sudhir Damle <sudhir at stratogent.com> wrote:

> Planning to do this upgrade for better mysql functionality. Could not find
> detail procedure, I have some idea from googleing.
>

> If you have any details (links, notes, problems you faced, anything) they
> are greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Sudhir Damle

Clint