[rhn-users] RHN package selections on all systems

Greg Rodenhiser grodenhi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 16:33:49 UTC 2006

I am having problems with Red hat Network.  We currently have 28 active
Management subscriptions (mostly RHEL 3AS and a few RHEL 4AS).  For quite
awhile we've had the following problem:

Whenever we select packages (via the web interface) to install on one
particular system, these same packages will be listed to be installed on any
other system I attempt to manage (via the web interface).  For example, if I
choose to update tar on serverA, when I go to update say CUPS on serverB,
tar shows up as a package to update.

I have double checked and we've not using any system groupings or anything
like that.  Any reason why this would occur.  I'd really appreciate any
insight/fixes.  Thanks in advance.....

--
Greg R.
grodenhi at gmail.com