[rhn-users] install addtional modules]

Riley, Liz (ACHE) Liz.Riley at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Mar 23 07:45:20 UTC 2006

Ah, up2date gzip means gzip the binary is installed, but perl doesn't
have a bunch of scripts that constitute, "Archive::Tar" .. Certainly
sounds like your perl is missing some bits. Sorry if this sounds a
little patronising, however, linux<>perl they arent the same. Perl is a
language, it would be like saying visual basic = windows. Only perl runs
on all flavours of unix and windows.

I did an almost default install of RH, and my install of spam assassin
worked.

Not sure what to suggest, as Id guess perl -MCPAN -e 'install
Archive::Tar' wouldn't work

Are gzip and tar both pathed? Did you try this as root? Rather than gzip
Id guess its looking for compress/decompress