[rhn-users] I need help with hosts.deny - doesn't work asIexpected

Tom Foucha tom.foucha at neoaccel.com
Tue Mar 28 22:08:40 UTC 2006

To make the TCP Wrappers active you must as -miah stated link it to the
deamon. Example allow:

<application/daemon> : <ip address> : allow

vsftpd : x.x.x.x : allow

You could also put a deny all at the end of the hosts.allow list instead
of using the hosts.deny file since the hosts.allow file is applied
before hosts.deny

vsftpd : ALL : deny

--good luck