[rhn-users] I need help with hosts.deny - doesn't work as Iexpected

Kvetch kvetch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 13:47:58 UTC 2006

No, you shouldn't need to restart any service that is compiled to use
wrappers if you make a wrapper change.  I only told him to restart because I
thought either
--- vsftpd didn't have the tcp_wrappers=yes in the conf when it was started
and the option needed to be picked up.
--- the user trying to log into his box was actually logged in and had a
established connection
--- I though it could have been a possibility that the user trying to log
into his box was pounding him with enough login attempts that he basically
had a open established connection and needed to be disconnected so he can't
reconnect.

Nick Baronian