[rhn-users] RHEL 4 kickstart prompt for network

Jason Dunn jrd154 at psu.edu
Mon May 15 16:37:38 UTC 2006

I have gotten this to work in several previous versions of Red Hat, but
I can't get this to work in RHEL4.

I have tried several variations of the network line in the ks.cfg file,
but none have worked.  I also tried the same thing I tried in RHEL3 with
changing the kickstart.py file in the stage2.img as described here:
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2005-September/msg00072.html)

The supposed fix is to edit the file, usr/lib/kistart.py inside the
stage2.img, which needs a line commented out

dispatch.skipStep("network")  ---- >  #dispatch.skipStep("network")

But this is not working for me now.  Has anyone gotten this to work in
RHEL4?  Are there any other suggestions to get kickstart to prompt for
the networking information?

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Dunn
RHCE 803005297814115

Running Linux is like owning a Lightsaber. It's "a more elegant weapon
for a more civilized time."   -Anonymous