[rhn-users] Upgrade Linux

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Thu May 25 15:51:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 09:40 -0600, Craig M. Jameson wrote:
> I hope I'm not displaying ignorance here. After doing upgrades, when a
> user is prompted for keeping the old desktop or changing to the new one,
> if he chooses keeping the old one, some things stop working. A user can
> change his choice by deleting .gconf and .gconfd in his home directory.

This sounds like an issue with upgrades to the GNOME desktop
environment. Since Red Hat does a lot of custom GNOME work, I wonder
what kind of support they provide for such upgrades (especially with
their "Red Hat Desktop") I wonder if similar issues exist for folks
upgrading workstations configured to KDE.

Thanks,
Mike