[rhn-users] RHEL v4 + Dell DRAC + Removing PPP interface?

Shawn Parker shawn.parker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 15:01:04 UTC 2006

the problem is lagato networker trys to resolve it. it shows up in the
error logs all the time.

running ifconfig produces the following:

ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
          inet addr:192.168.234.235  P-t-P:192.168.234.236  Mask:255.255.255.255
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
          RX bytes:75102 (73.3 KiB)  TX bytes:139542 (136.2 KiB)

even tho i have disabled the card via its bios, never configured a ppp
interface on the server, have removed racvnc daemon from starting at
boot and stopped the service.

so, i guess my question is, where is the ppp0 coming from, then?