[rhn-users] UP2DATE

Calvin Webster cwebster at ec.rr.com
Wed Oct 4 15:46:39 UTC 2006

up2date has downloaded _and_ installed new kernel packages, as well as
reconfigured grub to start the new kernel as the default.

You don't see it when you run 'uname -a' because the previous kernel is
still running.

For the new kernel to be loaded, you must restart your system. If there
is a problem with it you can revert to the previous (presumably
known-good) kernel by selecting it before the count-down expires in the
boot splash screen.

up2date can be configured with a number of options using
"up2date-config" from the command line. This command requires "root"
privileges.

--Cal Webster