[rhn-users] upgrading packages for a system group is (usually) broken

Gary Wilson gdub at ece.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 21 13:22:44 UTC 2006

I've got a system group with 42 machines in it.  Whenever I try to
upgrade packages for the group using the system set manager, the RHN
website just sits there working and eventually times out.  I have been
able to use the system set manager before, but it seems to always fail
when there is a large number of systems and/or packages involved.  I
often must resort to logging in to each of the machines and running
up2date manually.  This is very frustrating.  Anyone else experience
this problem?

Gary