[rhn-users] Re: Auto-update broken?

Boin, Paul (Cont, ARL/CISD) paul.boin at arl.army.mil
Wed Apr 4 17:19:59 UTC 2007

rhn-users-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 08:59:10 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "D. Andrew Ferbert" <dferbert at sdsc.edu>
> Subject: Re: [rhn-users] Re: Auto-update broken?
> To: "Discussions about Red Hat Network (rhn.redhat.com)"
> 	<rhn-users at redhat.com>
>
> Wanted to throw my systems in the ring with this problem. Academic RHN
> license, machines are set to auto-apply. Check-in time was this morning,
> 'up2date -l' shows errata but never applies.
>
> I have manually updated a few, but the one that i haven't touched still
> has pending tzdata/file updates from March 23.
>
> So you're not alone.

Same here.  We had a bunch of rhns* packages come in last night, and
then this morning on a manual up2date of our satellite.

I opened a ticket asking why I wasn't notified of an outage.

RH is claiming that since their satellites were up, it's not an outage.
  However, if you ask me, broken software that prevents up2date from
working on *my* end, that's clearly an outage.

--
paul boin