[rhn-users] dhclient not sending hostname / dns

Hubert Cross hcross at analogictech.com
Fri Aug 17 20:33:52 UTC 2007

Rhn-users,

I'm using dhclient to get an IP address on my network, which succeeds.
However, for some reason I cannot resolve my hostname. This same
dhclient.conf file works on other rhel4 stations just fine, but host
`hostname` fails on this machine.

My dhclient.conf:

send host-name "aaewsXXXXX.analogictech.com.";

send fqdn.fqdn "aaewsXXXXX.analogictech.com.";

send fqdn.encoded off;

send fqdn.server-update on;

timeout 1200;

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,

        domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name,

        netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope;

What boggles me is that this same setup works fine for other machines,
so it's not a dhcp daemon issue. It is configured to allow dynamic
updates.,

Any help would be appreciated

Hubert Cross

CAD Assistant