[rhn-users] 5.0.1 Satellite and RHN Proxy released today

Clifford Perry cperry at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 16:40:55 UTC 2007

Daryl Herzmann wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Clifford Perry wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>> I am pleased to let you know that Satellite and RHN Proxy 5.0.1 have
>> been released today
>
> Hi Cliff,
>
> What is the status of the RHEL5 custom channels via proxy bugs?  Does
> this release fix those bugs?  As you know, our organization was
> severely impacted by these bugs and are eager for a solution.

Yes - this 5.0.1 RHN Proxy release does address this issue for RHEL 5
clients using RHN Proxy, with custom channels. I think you are on the cc
and so should have got the email notification of the bug being resolved.

> Moreover, will Red Hat test custom channels via proxy before RHEL6 is
> released to ensure it isn't broken out of the box again?
Right now, today, no. The automated test suites that the Satellite QE
team uses does not cover this area of the RHN Proxy product. More and
more of the product though is getting integrated into the test suites
over time, so hopefully well before RHEL 6 comes out RHN Proxy will
indeed be covered with such automated general regression type testing. :)

Cliff