[rhn-users] RE: rhn-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 5

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 21:20:24 UTC 2007

On 2/7/07, Steven Jones <Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> I have a mailman rpm with a bug fixed by mailman in 2005, yet it is not
> in the rhas3 yet.....indeed support tells me it may never be put in so I
> have to patch it from the mailman tree....kinda blows away the reason
> for getting rhas in the first place when I start to roll my own
> solutions...........

Security fixes and other bug fixes are naturally treated differently.
Is your mailman issue something that leaves your system or service
vulnerable to attack?

RHEL3 is in deployment support now so I would think Red Hat would
still fix bugs that aren't security related unless they are of very
little consequence.

John