[rhn-users] update of firefox changes evolution startup

Wolfram R. Jarisch wolfram at cyber-inc.us
Mon Feb 26 00:52:54 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I just upgraded to firefox 1.5.0.10 via up2date (running RHEL4, kernel
2.6.9-42.0.8). Since the up2date I cannot start evolution directly any
more. I need to call evolution through firefox via "Tools" -> "Read
Mail".

When I try to start evolution e.g. from the Menu/icon it reports "Failed
all methods for initializing NSS". How can I perform the update /
correct the update so that I do not depend on firefox?

Thanks for any advice
Wolfram