[rhn-users] Question on memory usage

Rigoberto Corujo rcorujo at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 00:33:10 UTC 2007

Thank you for your reply, Frank.

What I don't understand is that, on n11, there is
6289408 - 4896448 = 1392960 kB of swap being used, but
there is 2521308 kB of free memory.  Since there is
still 2521308 kB of free memory, why would any swap be
needed at all?

The swappiness setting is the same on both machines
and has not been modified.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the version of
Linux is 2.6.9-34.

Rigoberto