[rhn-users] NIS or automounter problem

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Wed Jan 24 22:13:28 UTC 2007

> any more than that. No one is flaming you for asking an off topic
> question and no one is calling your question stupid. But if off topic
> questions are always answered here without any comment about them
> being off topic no one will ever learn, will they?
It's the kind of telling me about being off-topic. The one who complained,
didn't address me directly like saying: "sorry, your question ist off-topic
here, please ask in the list xxx"

No, he complains another one who answered my questions. Like "Ey, why do you
answer off-topic questions here. This is an attack against one nice gui who
liked to help. And for me it is not very helpful. I don't know where to ask
even now. I had a server crash and hoped for quick help. Ok, maybe I am
off-topic, I am sorry for that. But why some people react like I am bad guy
instead of pointing me in the right direction.

Ok, maybe I over reacted a bit. But for me it is very frustrating. I tried
many Linux Lists, even a Linux Newbies List in the past. And even there you
get flamed if you asks something which is documentated somewhere in the
thousand man pages.

Again, if someone complains about my fault being off-topic or so, it is
about _how_ he does this. He can say this nice and friendly and all is ok.
And if points the questioner in the right direction it is better, yes it is
indeed helpful.

BTW.: Someone says this list should be for paying RHN users. I _am_ such
guy, but I think not for long. :-(