[rhn-users] Trying to update to glibc version higher than or equal to 2.3.4

JHZhang at mdanderson.org JHZhang at mdanderson.org
Fri Jul 13 13:43:33 UTC 2007

I called Matlab, they told me exactly the thing: at least rhel 4 is
required. I've never upgraded the RHEL, say to do it from 3 to 5, what kind
of impact on existing applications? I have database and webserver running.

Jun H. Zhang

|---------+------------------------------------------>
|         |                                          |
|         |                                          |
|         |                    "Stephen John Smoogen"|
|         |                        <smooge at gmail.com>|
|         |                                  Sent by:|
|         |              rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com|
|         |                                          |
|         |                                          |
|         |                       07/12/2007 10:07 PM|
|         |            Please respond to "Discussions|
|         |                     about Red Hat Network|
|         |                         (rhn.redhat.com)"|
|         |                                          |
|         |                                          |
|---------+------------------------------------------>
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                       |
  |To:                                                                                                    |
  |      "Discussions about Red Hat Network (rhn.redhat.com)" <rhn-users at redhat.com>                      |
  |cc:                                                                                                    |
  |                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                       |
  |Subject:                                                                                               |
  |      Re: [rhn-users] Trying to update to glibc version higher than or     equal to 2.3.4              |
  |                                                                                                       |

On 7/12/07, JHZhang at mdanderson.org <JHZhang at mdanderson.org> wrote:
> I have Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3. The current glibc version
is
> 2.3.2, which is also what RHN has available. In order to get the higher
> version, what is the right thing to do? This will be concerning where to
> get the rpm file, and how to deal with the dependency issue (is -nodeps a
> good idea?).
>
> btw, the requirement is come from running Matlab 2007a.

I would check with Matlab to see if they have a tested version that
runs on Red Hat Linux and which version they support. They may no
longer support RHEL-3 and expect you to be running RHEL-4/5.