[rhn-users] up2date sequence

Calvert, Charlotte Charlotte.Calvert at brazosport.edu
Tue Mar 13 20:05:49 UTC 2007

We are running Linux on our WebCT server and rebooting the server is
limited.  What I would like to know is; what is the sequence of events
after pushing the up2date button at the server.

According to our list we have 344 updates.  Will the next step after
pushing the button be to install all of the updates one after another
and then ask me to reboot, or will it be one at a time followed by
constant reboots, or will it reboot whenever it feels like it?   Does it
even install the updates or does it just download them for me to run?  I
just searched through the last 7 months of archives for this group and
did not find and answer.  All the instructions I found on the web took
me to the point of pushing the button, but nothing of help after that.
Can some one please help me on this?   ...charlotte