[rhn-users] cannot detect usb drive

Kennedy, Cameron Cameron.Kennedy at bovislendlease.com
Tue May 15 13:55:46 UTC 2007

 not sure this is the right forum, but you need to know what device it
is being picked up as. Try checking /var/log/messages when you insert
the USB stick and it will say what it gets mapped as.

Usually my usb stick is /dev/sda and there is 1 partition. So in fstab I
would have an entry like:
/dev/sda1	/mnt/usb		ext3		defaults 0 0
(this is assuming an ext3 partition or you could replace with vfat. This
is also assuming you want it mounted at /mnt/usb.)

Or you could manually mount from commandline as: mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1
/mnt/usb