[rhn-users] Virtual System - Problem logging in

Nikolaos Mitsis mitsis at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Nov 1 15:35:19 UTC 2007

I've installed a second virtual system on o rhel5 server but I'm having
a problem registering it. The installation continues up to the point
where I'm asked about software updates and I choose to register the system.

After providing the rhn login/pass I get: "There was problem logging in"
(a different message from the one where you put wrong password -
account/pass not valid - so it's not a password problem).

I can login via web and I can update the other systems (including the
first virtual system running in the same system).

Also, on rhn in the system listing I see the system under "Virtual
Systems" but it's grayed out and has no Channel associated with it.

I don't think is a entitlement problem ether. There a 4 virtual system
limit per machine and this is the second, plus I have 2 more
entitlements available.

I found nothing on the logs about the logging problem and it has been
some time since I installed the last Virtual System, so, I might be
doing something wrong here... but I can't find out what.. any help?

Thanks,
   -N.