[rhn-users] Daily Status Report missing host information

J E jef_umd at umd.umich.edu
Mon Nov 19 20:37:04 UTC 2007

Hi

I asked this as an Add-on to another message a while back, but think
it probably got lost in the shuffle since it didn't get a response. I
hope you don't mind a repeat.

When systems update via RHN, I get notification that updates occurred,
but it doesn't tell me which host.  I am currently only telling it to
update 1 host,  but how can I tell what's been updated if I am doing
multiple hosts? Even for 1 host, it would be nice if the system
mentioned which host was being updated, so that we all would know
which one it was in case something bad happened. Several of us here
share responsibility over certain hosts, so tracking which hosts get
updated is pretty important to us.

Email that we get:

This is the RHN Status Report for your account XXXXXXXXXX, as of
11/17/07 7:28:11 AM EST.

This email will be sent when any of the following apply to the
specified systems:

1.  The system fails to check in with RHN within a 24-hour window.
2.  The system registers scheduled action activity.

                         Completed
Errata Update:
	RHBA-2007:1002            1
	RHBA-2007:1010            1
	RHBA-2007:1012            1
	RHSA-2007:0969            1
	RHSA-2007:1017            1
	RHSA-2007:1045            1

Errata Synopses:

	RHBA-2007:0972	rsh bug fix update
	RHBA-2007:1002	logrotate bug fix update
	RHBA-2007:1010	xorg-x11-drv-keyboard bug fix update
	RHBA-2007:1012	telnet-server bug fix update
	RHSA-2007:0969	Moderate: util-linux security update
	RHSA-2007:1017	Critical: samba security update
	RHSA-2007:1045	Moderate: net-snmp security update

Thanks,

jef