[rhn-users] Red Hat Network Proxy 4.2.0 Notice

Carl Provencher Carl.Provencher at sit.ulaval.ca
Wed Nov 21 14:24:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I plan our migration from Red Hat Network Proxy 4.1 to 4.2. I read the
knowledge base article  posted by Clifford Perry (thank you) in February.
The process seems to be simple. But I need precisions. I move the RHN proxy
service into a new server with a different name.

I want to do tests, to evaluate the impact for our clients. One reason is
because “serverURL” will be changed within the migration process.

My question is, I want to be sure if I can do:

•             unsubscribe my RHN 4.1 server from Red Hat Network Proxy (v4.1
for AS v4 x86) channel

•             subscribe my test RHN 4.2 server to Red Hat Network Proxy
(v4.2 for AS v4 x86) channel

•             do my test: change RHN client configuration for using new RHN
4.2 server.

•             unsubscribe my test RHN 4.2 server from Red Hat Network Proxy
(v4.2 for AS v4 x86) channel

•             subscribe my RHN 4.1 server to Red Hat Network Proxy (v4.1 for
AS v4 x86) channel

Thanks at advance

Carl Provencher

Secteur Projets – Direction des infrastructures
S.I.T., Université Laval
Tél.: (418) 656-2131 poste 8719

http://www.sit.ulaval.ca/

Avis relatif à la confidentialité / Notice of Confidentiality /

Advertencia de confidencialidad

< <http://www.rec.ulaval.ca/lce/securite/confidentialite.htm>
http://www.rec.ulaval.ca/lce/securite/confidentialite.htm>