[rhn-users] perl modules on RH ES v4 ...

Rodrigo Sanchez rodrigo at dgf.uchile.cl
Mon Sep 10 04:29:27 UTC 2007

Hi All,
 I have been trying to install Test::Simple Module (perl) on my
RedHat ES v4 (x86_64),
There is no rpm for this perl's module, and when I ran
cpan command (or perl -MCPAN -e shell), I got the following
error:

t/overload_threads........ok
        1/5 skipped: various reasons
t/plan....................ok
t/plan_bad................ok
t/plan_is_noplan..........ok
t/plan_no_plan............ok
        1/6 skipped: various reasons
t/plan_shouldnt_import....ok
t/plan_skip_all...........skipped
        all skipped: Just testing plan & skip_all
t/pod-coverage............skipped
        all skipped: Test::Pod::Coverage 1.08 required for testing POD
coverage
t/pod.....................skipped
        all skipped: Test::Pod 1.00 required for testing POD
..
..
t/undef...................ok
t/use_ok..................ok
t/useing..................ok
Failed Test  Stat Wstat Total Fail  List of Failed
t/sort_bug.t    0    11     2    4  1-2
4 tests and 10 subtests skipped.
Failed 1/66 test scripts. 2/491 subtests failed.
Files=66, Tests=491,  3 wallclock secs ( 1.90 cusr +  0.58 csys =  2.48 CPU)
Failed 1/66 test programs. 2/491 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
  MSCHWERN/Test-Simple-0.70.tar.gz
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
Failed during this command:
 MSCHWERN/Test-Simple-0.70.tar.gz             : make_test NO

Well, I have been trying to install Test::Pod and Test::Pod::Coverage too,
without any success (same errors..)  ... (really I have tried a lot of
perl modules ... and always the same ...

We bought a Dell servant the last week and came
with RedHat ES v4, and it has been really difficult to install
everything what we needed (SpamAssassin, Razor2, etc etc)

I'm a new RedHat User ... may be this is the real problem ... :)

Any Hint ?
Any Idea ?

Rodrigo
DGF, U. de Chile