[rhn-users] Lanscape Printing Fails under RHEL5.1

Bob - Fedora fedora at scrunch.net
Fri Apr 4 02:53:00 UTC 2008

I migrated from RHEL4.6 with cups-1.1.22 to RHEL5.1 with cups-1.2.4 and I find that I can not print landscape.

Normally I do this:

	date | lp -o landscape

But that no longer works.

This is using HP printers, direct to the socket 9100.  I've tried several model, including:

HP LaserJet 4 with the hpijs driver
HP LaserJet 4000 with postscript driver

And several PPDs, those bundled with the os as part of foomatic and current ones from linuxprinting.org.

With '-o landscape' it still prints in portrait.

With '-o orientation-requested=4' there is no output, or it is rotated off the page.

I don't know where to turn or how to resolv this.  Any ideas on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated!